Table of content:
1. What is a Root Canal?
3. Symptoms that you need Root Canal
What is a Root Canal?
The term “root canal” is used to refer to both the inner parts of the tooth between the pulp and the tooth roots and the dental procedure which is done to remove the infected portion of the teeth and ease root canal pain.
Root canals contain nerve and blood vessels. Removing the nerve from an infected region is a part of the treatment to reduce tooth pain caused by decay or infection in the tooth pulp.
The reason root canal pain occurs include:
- Decay-tooth decay that penetrates the outer layers of the teeth can cause root canal pain.
- Damage- cracks or chips in the teeth can cause decay and root canal pain.
- Disease-risk factors for infection in the tooth pulp include severe tooth decay, large fillings, cracks or chips, and trauma to the tooth. If the cause is serious then you will be recommended a root canal by the dentist.
The Best Dental Clinic in Siliguri suggests root canal pain be treated in the initial stages to avoid much harm to the teeth. If kept for longer the pain can get severe and unbearable.
Symptoms that you need Root Canal
The best dental clinic in Siliguri provides facilities for safe treatment and effective solutions post your root canal treatment to keep your teeth safe and reduce discomfort. According to them, the signs that recommend you need a root canal include:
- Persistent pain- pain is one of the main and initial signs that suggest something is wrong with your tooth. If you have problems in doing normal stuff like eating or drinking due to the pain you should get help from a dentist. They will check if the blood vessels or nerves are inflamed due to infection and might choose to do a root canal to ease the pain.
- Chipped or cracked tooth- if you have a cracked or chipped tooth the nerves can get exposed causing infection. Such conditions require a root canal to prevent the spread of infection to the bloodstream and reduce pain.
- Sensitivity-if you are sensitive to warm or cold food could be due to an infected tooth. Sensitivity can be solved with a root canal.
- Discoloration of the tooth-discolored tooth can occur due to lack of oral hygiene or damage to the nerves that are beneath the tooth's surface. To remove the damaged parts a root canal treatment might be required.
- Deep decay- if decay has been kept untreated for too long or a cavity neglected it can spread to the nerves and roots and in such cases, the only way to fix it is a root canal treatment.
- Swollen gums- swollen gums are a sign of infected tooth. These are tender and painful and it is best to consult a dentist.