It can be difficult to decide if a dental problem needs to be treated as an emergency or not. Especially with kids, often there are times we tend to be confused if we should take them to a dentist or wait for a while.
Serious dental injuries like a broken tooth or a bleeding mouth can be frightening. The Best Dental Clinic in Siliguri has always been open for emergency cases. Family dental clinic is one of the best dental clinics in Siliguri suggests that if it is a serious injury first aid should be provided to the patient and then taken to the emergency. It is important to visit a dentist because there could be chances of concussions or damage beyond the mouth. Here is a list of some of the most common dental problems one can come across.
Table of content:
1. Dental Emergencies
2. How to prevent dental emergencies
Several dental problems occur commonly among children and adults. Having an idea about them can help in times of need. Some of these are:
- A permanent tooth gets knocked out: This is a serious dental emergency and needs to be treated as soon as possible. Dentists can try implanting the tooth once again if they can treat the patient on time. Pick up the tooth and rinse it with milk. Keep the tooth in milk until you visit the clinic within 30 minutes. As the best dental clinic in Siliguri, Family dental clinic has solved a number of similar cases.
A baby tooth can also be re-implanted. Contact your nearest clinic so that they can provide instructions for care.
- A tooth gets cracked, chipped, or broken: The severity of damage decides if this is an emergency or not. Contact the dentist and try to avoid swelling with a cold compress, if there is any.
- Toothaches:This can be caused due to issues like dental infection, grinding or clenching, or food being stuck between the teeth. Initially try rinsing the mouth and flossing properly to remove any food particles which may be causing the pain. However, if the pain gets worse and throbs then visit a dentist.
- Abscess or severe infection:To avoid spreading the infection to the mouth and the roots of the enamel visit the dentist to avoid severe complexities.
- Sores: Sores can be painful but not an emergency until you get a fever or are unable to eat or drink because of it.
- Injury to the tongue, lips, or soft parts of the mouth: Rinse the mouth properly and use a cold compress to avoid any swelling. You can try painkillers if the pain does not lessen.
How to prevent dental emergencies
Accidents come without notice. However, taking a few precautions prevents sudden and severe damage.
- Always wear a mouthguard when playing any kind of sports. It helps keep your mouth safe and intact.
- Avoid chewing hard things and cutting things with your teeth. This includes eating hard candy, trying to open beer bottles, etc.
- Good oral hygiene is necessary to avoid damage.
Some of the best dental clinic in Siliguri are skilled in such situations and can deal with emergencies with care and safety. Contact them immediately to avoid serious damages.